POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Frogs Eye View - Final : Frogs Eye View - Final Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:19:10 EDT (-0400)
  Frogs Eye View - Final
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 26 Nov 2006 05:48:14
Message: <456970ee@news.povray.org>
Thanks to the feedback from my earlier post, I noticed that I was ONLY
dithering the individual blades of the reeds and not the whole cattail. Just
before I place each cattail I used a while loop until the product of rand
and a scaling factor produced a number within a specified range, then used
another while loop to produce a random tilt factor used to make it look like
a slight on shore breeze was pushing the reeds. It's given the scene a less
sterile appearance .... I keep falling into the trap of having everything
lined up just so. Also .... I thought the "Vee" of Canadian Geese added a
nice finish to the scene.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: